The German Club field trip to the Christkindlmarkt Chicago is always a fun event, with a lot of South Cougars attending. Please review the guidelines for the day, to ensure that everyone (Herr Harring included) has an enjoyable, safe, stress-free day!
Meet at the Joliet Metra platform at 9:45am. The new train station is up and running (90 E. Jefferson St. immediately south of Silver Cross Field), so the street layout is different than last year. There is a drop off along Mayor Art Schultz Dr, and a parking lot along the north side of the train tracks (I believe parking is $1/day). We will buy tickets on the train. Please have $10 exact change to purchase your round trip ticket from the conductor. If you lose it, you will need to purchase another ticket on the way home.
We will take the train to the city, and you will have about 4 hours of free time at the market.
General Rules for the Day
- You must stay at the Market or at Macy's (1 block east of the market)
- You must stay in groups of 3 or more.
- You must REMAIN with your group at all times.
- The meet-up point is at the corner of Clark and Washington. Herr Harring will point it out.
- We stay together walking between the train and the market.
- Behave yourself on the train! Imagine you are in study hall!
9:45 meet at Joliet Metra station
10:15 train departs
11:25 arrive at LaSalle St Station, walk to market
11:45 free time at Market / Macy's
1:30 check-in & group photo
1:45 free time at Market / Macy's
3:45 meet at Market, walk to train station
4:40 train departs
5:50 arrive at Joliet Metra